A resolution is a written request to the SOMA House of Delegates (HOD) that asks the SOMA membership to consider adding or changing one of its policies, directing its current policy, or directing its political activities. If adopted, it becomes official policy of SOMA.
Resolutions are considered by the SOMA HOD twice yearly at the Fall and Spring conventions.
Through the Resolution process and the HOD, SOMA members are able to guide the policies and practices of National SOMA to ensure that they reflect the opinion of the general membership.
The resources below will help you in beginning the resolutions process. If you have any questions about the resolutions process, please contact the Resolutions Director, or any member of the Resolutions Reference Committee.
- SOMA National Bylaws
- SOMA National Constitution
- Resolutions Information: This Word document explains the resolutions process.
- Resolution Shell: This Word document should be used as a template for all resolutions submissions.
- Past Resolutions Archive: A PDF resource of past resolutions submitted to the SOMA HOD.
(this file will be updated as changes are made; clicking this link will download the current file to your desktop; Acrobat Reader 9 or newer required – This revision uploaded: 03/11/2019)
- SOMA Policy Database: A searchable database of SOMA’s policies.
NOTE: Some of these documents contain formatting that may not work properly with Google Docs. It is recommended that you download them and view them with MS Word or Adobe Acrobat.