GET THE SCORE YOU WANT!
- The problem: Dozens of books/products that all claim to be the secret of getting you the score you want.
- The solution: Use the gold standard Level 1 prep materials and take the most minimalist approach possible.
The world of preparing for the COMLEX Level 1 exam is complicated and full of choices. SOMA’s Level 1 Board Prep Guide outlines the info you need to know about the COMLEX and highlights the must-use resources, timelines, and strategies for success. Download our guide today, and set yourself up for COMLEX success!
GAIN SUCCESS AND LOSE THE STRESS
SOMA CV Builder with Touch Point and SSP Tracking
Creating a curriculum vitae (CV) can be stressful. Work smarter, not harder with this simple tool.
Top 5 Uses of the SOMA CV Builder*:
1. Build your best CV
2. Easily populate program applications
3. Simplify scholarship submissions
4. Track Touch Points
5. Store Sigma Sigma Phi (SSP) hours
HOW TO MAKE YOUR MEDICAL STUDENT CV STAND OUT!
CV Writing 101
In contrast to a resume, a CV DESCRIBES and ELABORATES on your entire professional career. This CV Writing Guide will help to make your CV stand out in all types of applications: residency, fellowship, research projects, grants, conferences, etc.
OMS III and IV Guide to Success
Many students report feeling lost during their clinical years. Use this guide to march forward with confidence.
Start-to-finish advice for…
- Rotations: Mindset, What to bring, Question banks, Medical apps, Hard Lessons
- Residency Match: Application systems, Letters of recommendation, CV, Specialty Selection
- Scheduling: Timeline, Auditions (VSAS), Residency Application (ERAS), the Match (AOA/NRMP)
DESIGN, TRACK, AND PURSUE YOUR SUCCESS!
SOMA Audition Rotation and Residency Tracker
The audition process can be daunting. Be empowered:
- Design your approach
- Track your progress
- Pursue your vision and goals
- Search AOA, ACGME RESIDENCIES
HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR RESIDENCY INTERVIEWS!
Residency Interview Tool
Provided in this tool are two documents that will serve as a central resource for insight about residency interviews. One document contains advice on how to prepare for your interview, as well as an intensive list of questions that may be asked during your interview day. The second document contains an intensive list of questions that you can ask your interviewers during/after your interview. This tool will prepare you for interviews, give you info on the program and help you decide if it’s the right one for you. It also shows your interest in the program.
PRACTICE TYPING YOUR eSOAP NOTES!
COMLEX Level 2 PE eSOAP Note Template
- Designed with NBOME format for Level 2 PE for offline practice
- When internet connection is available, use the official NBOME app
- 14-minute interview followed by 9-minute eSOAP note
- Unlimited text is allowed in each field
Rotation, Residency, and More
Improving your professionalism is one of the easiest (yet often overlooked) strategies you can use to nail that audition rotation, get the residency of your dreams, and become a successful osteopathic physician. Below are links to help you do just that. From interview tips, to writing eye-catching personal statements, this list will continue to grow with videos that will help you stand out!
- How to Write a Killer Personal Statement – Reza Karimianpour, DO (Dr.K12)
- How to Ace your Medical School, Residency, Fellowship Interviews! – Reza Karimianpour, DO (Dr.K12)
Webinars from PhysicianLoans
Hi, future DOs. Below is a link for webinars set up by PhysicianLoans. These will include helpful information regarding:
- Special Loans Available to Graduating Medical Students and Doctors
- The Home Buying Timeline
- Determining How Much You Can Afford
- Calculating Closing Costs
- How To Select a Real Estate Agent
- And MORE
Please REGISTER and be on the lookout for more information!
Looking for a little inspiration & motivation? Check out the following TED Talks. Take some time to watch and reflect! If you have any to share with your fellow SOMA members, please email email@example.com. We would love to see what motivates and inspires you in medical school!