National Pre-SOMA is the official and ONLY undergraduate pre-medical organization directly affiliated with the Student Osteopathic Medical Association (SOMA) and the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
Register to become a National Pre-SOMA member using the link above!
Here is what is included in your membership:
Development of chapter regions
- Pre-SOMA chapters are split into 5 regions based on location of undergraduate universities, modeled after the National SOMA regions
- New addition of Pre-SOMA liaisons at each SOMA chapter to enhance connections between Pre-SOMA and SOMA members
- Semester regional zoom meetings with National Pre-SOMA Directors Opportunity to connect and partner with other Pre-SOMA chapters in your region
Partnerships and discounts
- Exam Kracker
- Jaanuu scrub discounts
Networking and leadership opportunities
- Mentorship program (view link on our website)
- Opportunities to help you become a well-rounded medical school applicant
- 2 annual events to connect with medical schools and admissions
- Local and national leadership opportunities
- Discounted rates to OMED and National Spring Convention
- Programming specific for pre-medical students
- Resume, medical school application, and research workshops
- Guest speakers and panels
- Addition of an annual research symposium
Scholarships and awards
- Scholarship opportunities throughout the year
- New annual scholarship for “most involved pre-medical student”
- Annual chapter and individual awards
Make sure to follow us on Instagram (@pre.soma) and Facebook (@pre.soma).
You can also become a chapter of your local Pre-SOMA. Don’t have one? START ONE TODAY!
Price: One-time $25 membership fee during undergraduate studies
For any questions, please contact the National Pre-SOMA Directors at PreSOMA@studentdo.org