Pillar 1: Voice in Public Policy and Healthcare Advocacy
- Be the primary source of the student opinion to the AOA.
- Establish a platform for every SOMA member to express their views to the organization.
- Represent the voice of osteopathic medical students in the public forum on matters pertaining to healthcare and public policy.
Pillar 2: Professional and Career Development
- Generate professional and career development resources for osteopathic medical students through every stage of their education.
- Enhance resources at COMs to support the wellness and mental health of osteopathic medical students.
- Create opportunities for mentorship, education, and research
Pillar 3: National Visibility and Public Image
- Enhance the visibility of National and Local SOMA priorities and initiatives at every COM.
- Strategic Priority 2: Engage new tech and media channels to build greater awareness of SOMA’s positions and policies among key stakeholders
Pillar 4: Governance Alignment and Accountability
- Improve the National and Local transfer of leadership for improved continuity from year to year.
- Establish metrics for annual evaluation of national and regional initiatives.
- Establish a process for the regular review of the governing documents of the organization to keep pace with the field of osteopathic medicine.