Past National SOMA Research Directors
2022 – 2023: Angela Ho
2021 – 2022: Jantzen Faulkner
2020 – 2021: Jason Vadhan
2019 – 2020: Carlos G. Galindo
2018 – 2019: Taylor Timoteo
2016 – 2018: Charles Lopresto
Have you completed a research project that you are proud of? Want to get some recognition for your hard work? Apply for our National SOMA Research Spotlight Award and see your project get national recognition! One research project winner will be selected per month.
Winners will receive a $25 allowance towards a research journal subscription or medical professional/specialty membership of their choosing, a certificate of recognition will have their project promoted on the National SOMA website and social media platforms, and are encouraged to add this honor to their “Awards” section in their CV.
The 1st of Each Month – Begin submitting your applications via the Google form. Click Here for Application.
The 30th of Each Month at 11:59 p.m. CST – Last day for application collection.
Applications must include:
- Headshot or photo of you presenting research
- Title and abstract of the research project
- Personal statement (250 words or less) detailing:
- Why you chose this research topic
- What research means to you
- Any future research plans
Projects will be selected based on the following:
- Quality of research design
- Unique perspective/originality
- Impact on medical knowledge
- Impact on community
- Critical Analysis
Please contact Sneha Polam, Research Director, via email at RD@studentdo.org for any questions